Inspired by my friend Juanita and her recent blog post, I decided to play, too!
Early 2010, I wanted to:
- Get a job
- Continue German class
End of 2010, I have done neither!! I didn’t like learning German in Switzerland, maybe because of the lousy school I attended for one session. The other expensive school was always intimidating. They boasted to mainly have university graduates and bilinguals as students. They made me take a placement test. Their class “entry points” were few and far between. I would plan to start the class, but never did once the time came. As for jobs, we all know that it’s almost impossible to get employment overseas without having the right visa. I was also under-qualified, as everyone else had Masters degrees. I also don’t enjoy doing something I’m not interested in.
Plans for December 2010 and early 2011:
- Become a full time, self-proclaimed artisan
- Register my jewellery home business
- Continue once-a-week German class at the Goethe Institute, at my own leisure (there’s no rush any more, is there?)
- Take a simple silver smithing short course in December at Monash
- Take more detailed metal smithing courses at NMIT in February
- Sell at Rose St. Artists Market, Fitzroy
- Earn money
We’ll see how many goals I fulfil.